“If it’s true that sometimes “the walls have ears”, then your ears will never have loved your walls more…”
With Focal’s new passive bass-reflex subwoofer and amplifier making its way onto the scenes, this quote from the brand has never been truer. You may be thinking “but I’ve got a subwoofer at home, I don’t need another one”.
A problem that many of us have in common is that we simply don’t have enough space in our homes for the latest and greatest technology. Even if you do have the space for a freestanding subwoofer, they look clunky and may ruin the decor that you’ve worked so hard to create in your home. Often, with new and improved models of tech comes a larger model, meaning you’re having to sacrifice space within your home to accommodate it. That’s where in-wall speakers come in. However, many in-wall speaker systems dampen the quality of the sound that you’re experiencing and that’s why many people would choose to simply sacrifice the space.
But not with Focal.
Saving space in your home isn’t the only advantage you can look forward to because Focal’s wall integrated speaker systems have benefits over freestanding such as:
- Reduced diffraction meaning a better sound quality
- Slimline design that won’t need you to rip your walls apart just to install it
- Streamline inner frame that prevents noise operation thanks to its 8-inch Polyglass speaker driver
- Increased bass because your inner walls will amplify the effect
- Great for surround sound to provide a sleek design and incredible sounds
- Capable of powering up to two subwoofers connected in parallel, it delivers 200W of power over 4ohms.
People may avoid using in-wall speakers because of the hassle of having to install one. However, Focal have used a magnetic design on their mounting frame that allows you to easily install their 100 IWSUB8. Here are some key points to take note of!
- Peak power: 200W (continuous power: 150W under 4Ώ).
- The amplifier is able to drive 2 x 100 IWSUB8 subwoofers connected in parallel.
- High-level electronic protection (dynamic power control, thermal protection, short circuit, fuse, and over-current protection).
- Flush potentiometers.
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 1¾ x 16⅞ x 10⅛” [44.5 x 429 x 257mm]
– Height with stands: 2⅟16″
– Width with brackets: 19″
- Bass cut-off frequency: 30Hz to -6db
- Low depth (3⅜” / 86mm) fitting 16″ OC studs in-wall installation.
- Nominal impedance of 8Ω, able to be connected by pairs with 100 IWSUB8 Amplifier.
- Dimensions (HxWxD) : 513/16 x 13⅞ x 3⅞” (1,300 x 352 x 98mm)